Last Modified: July 19th, 2018
What Kind of Information Does SBIS Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a positive experience while you use our Portal, to hear your comments, to respond to your inquiries, and to provide you with access to our services. SBIS will collect both personal information (“Personal Information”) and information about your use of the Portal (“Browsing Information”). Personal Information includes your name and email address and your active directory single sign-on ID. Browsing Information includes: 1) technical information, such as the date and time you access the Portal, and your Internet protocol address, and your browser name, and a machine token; and 2) service usage information, such as records and history about transactions and preferences, and other feedback you supply to us. Also, when you register or create an online account/profile with us, contact customer service, participate in our surveys, or send us testimonials, feedback or submissions, you are providing us with your personal information.
We also utilize cookies. Cookies are small files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable us to recognize you when you return to our Portal. Cookies let us identify you to provide you a personalized experience on our Portal. We use cookie and web beacon technology to track which pages on our sites our visitors view. Most Internet browsers permit you to erase or block cookies. If you configure your browser to remove or reject cookies, though, you will not be able to use the full functionality of our Portal.
How Does SBIS Use My Information?
When we collect information from you, such information will be used for one or more of the following reasons:
- process and complete your profile and any Portal transactions
- identify your product preferences so that we can notify you of new or additional products (offered by us or third parties) that might be of interest to you*
- Improve service offerings and customer service
- notify you about new products, features, promotions and special offers that SBIS or its affiliates thinks you will find valuable*
- provide to you newsletters*
- respond to your inquiries
- conduct research
- help us understand Portal usage/activity and improve your use of our Portal
- collect aggregated site-visitation statistics
- help us prevent fraud and minimize risk.
* = denotes an activity concerning your Personal Information that will not be carried out unless you provide us with your affirmative opt-in consent, which you may withdraw at any time.
Does SBIS Share My Information With Third Parties?
We will share Browsing Information with select third parties on an anonymous basis (that is, in a way that does not connect your Browsing Information to your Personal Information or disclose your Personal Information in any fashion).
If SBIS, or substantially all of our assets, are sold, or SBIS reorganizes or merges into another company, then customer information, including Personal Information, will likely be one of the transferred assets.
On rare occasions, we may be required to disclose your Personal Information as required by law and as necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us. Or we may need to do so to protect our customer’s rights.
Is My Information Secure With SBIS?
SBIS uses security measures to protect the privacy of your personal information. We limit the employees and contractors that can access your personal information and require these employees and contractors to adhere to a confidentiality policy. We also use technological security measures to protect your personal information. However, transmissions over the Internet are not completely secure, and any information you send to or through our Portal may be accessible by others. We cannot guarantee our security measures.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your user name, password, and any account information. It is important for you to be responsible and protect your user name, password, and device against unauthorized users. It is important to sign off when you have completed using a device accessible by others.
How does SBIS Protect Kids’ Privacy?
We are concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet and will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 or classified as a minor under applicable law. Users of our Portal must be at least 18 years old. If you are under 13 years old or otherwise classified as a minor, you should not provide information to us without the involvement of a parent or guardian. If a child has provided us with personal information, that child’s parent or guardian should contact us (see below) to delete such information from our records.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health or medical condition or criminal background) on or through the Portal or otherwise to us.
Notification of Changes
How You Can Access, Change or Suppress Your Personal Information?
To review, correct, update, suppress, delete, or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that you previously provided us, please email, call, or write us using the contact information listed below in the “Contact Us” section and clearly describe your request.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
- You may email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
European Union Data Rights
The European Union’s (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) becomes effective May 25, 2018 and requires that certain information be provided to data subjects when personal data is collected:
- The Controller of your personal data is Sequel BI Solutions, Inc., 415 Pasadena Ave S, St Petersburg, FL 33707
- Your personal data is stored for the duration of the processing activity and then deleted after 60 days.
- You have the right to request access to and rectification of your personal data. You have the right to request erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing as it concerns you. You also have the right to object to processing and a right to data portability.
- To the extent the processing of your personal data is based upon your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the address above.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Where personal data is deemed to be mandatory or required in order to gain access to a service or function of our Portal, this data is necessary for purposes of your contract with us or for the specific Portal function. If you choose against providing us with the required personal data, you will not be permitted access to the Portal service or function.
- Our Portal utilizes automated decision-making technology, which aides us to help improve our search results for you while you utilize our services.
A Dun & Bradstreet Global Alliance Partner